The dragons continue to grow, though most of the pressure of dragon care is alleviated to some degree. The dragons are now able to hunt on their own and don't require oiling or baths nearly as frequently. And the best part? Manned flights are on the docket for those who have been diligent with their exercises (and strap-making)
- Continuing to strengthen the bonds between rider and dragon
- Continuing to build bonds between fellow weyrlings
- Continuing to practice making and repairing straps
- Learning how to put on riding leathers, helmet, and goggles
- Learning how to mount and unmount one's lifemate
- Learning how to use straps properly
- Training in how to hunt from the ground
- Training in how to hunt from the air (after several successful ground hunts)
- Learning to identify injuries associated with hunting
- Flying short flights (under supervision)
- Longer Weyr circuit-flights (under supervision)
- Feeding - Meat will no longer be provided; weyrlings will be expected to hunt and monitor feeding on their own. Overfeeding and its effects will be treated as necessary.
- Cleaning - Weyrlings will be expected to clean their areas, which includes (but is not limited to): making their beds, cleaning any messes left by their lifemate, and tending to the weyrling areas.
- Oiling - Weyrlings are responsible for washing and oiling their lifemates as necessary. Their growth will be slowing at this point, but this will consume a fairly large part of a weyrling's day.
- Sleeping - Riders are not as likely to feel the need to sleep when their lifemate does. The young dragons will be staying awake longer - which is both a good and bad thing!
- Weyrlings are free to explore the Weyr, but should remain aware of their lifemate's limitations.
- Weyrlings - both rider and dragon alike - will be encouraged to stretch and exercise when possible, in addition to morning exercises.
- Generally speaking, the rough routine for weyrlings for the next several months will be:
1. Morning exercises and lessons until the midday meal.
2. Additional lessons until the evening meal.
3. Free time after the evening meal.
4. Curfew is before dark.